In Riverdale Park Station News:
- The bridge to the Discovery District that was supposed to open by Mother's Day (May 13th) has been delayed to Fathers Day (June 17th). Given that we were first told this would open in late 2017 I am just glad the delays are getting shorter now. Seems it may actually open in the June/July timeframe.
- They are bringing back the Friday 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM live music series at Bear Square starting on June 1st! I went to a lot of these last year and they had some good local bands and it was not very crowded. Glad they are bringing this back.
In close walking distance news:
- The new large playground at University Park Elementary school across the street from Riverdale Park Station opens tomorrow morning (5/19/18) at 10:00 AM. We walked over here last weekend and it is a pretty impressive playground and only a 5 minute walk from our house.
- Captial Bikeshare is finally opening and Riverdale Park Station gets a stop right in front of Whole Foods.
I'm betting College Park realizes they have made a mistake and Zagster goes away in favor of Capital Bikeshare. As I posted earlier I am a big fan of Captial Bikeshare...
- Red Door Spa Opens this weekend at the Hotel at University of Maryland.
Less than a mile north the four star Hotel at the University of Maryland is getting a 5 star spa. The Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa opens it's doors tomorrow.
- Cava Grill opening in this Summer at College Park Shopping Center
I am a huge fan of Cava and have been going to the Union Station location since it opened. The Diamondback first broke the story here:
I've been using College Park Shopping Center quite a bit since living here as it is only a 0.7 mile walk. This is a great addition.