Sunday, October 22, 2017

Facebook group for homeowners

Last year when we were considering buying at Greenbelt Station we joined the "Greenbelt Station Homeowners" Facebook group and I still follow it from time to time and can see that it provides a lot of value to the folks who live there.

The homeowners in that group discuss items to bring up to the Home Owners Association/developer, talk about events in the community and generally just share any and all information as it relates to their neighborhood and their homes.

Every day, extremely helpful and useful information is being shared between homeowners in that group and I think now that we have 36 families living here in Riverdale Park Station now is the time for something like this to exist for us. 

I have talked to a few of my neighbors who were interested in the same type of thing here.

I created a closed Facebook group called:  "Riverdale Park Station Homeowners".  You can find it by searching by that name or accessing this link:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/359828781154032/

If you already own here or have a signed contract please join the group.

8 comments:

  1. They do not allow for perspective buyers in their group but they will utilize other member groups. This guy is unneighborly! Why post things on a “blog” if you are going to discriminate. You used my community as a resource and you are trying to be a resource but clearly you aren’t. You are not better then anyone and if I buy I’m there I will be sure to give you a friendly wave with my middle finger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you feel this way Kristina.

      Delete
    2. My experience is actually quite different then the person above. The man who put this blog together was an invaluable resource to me as I considered to buy here or not. He created thoughtful blog posts and responded to comments - all in an effort to make the process easier and more transparent for those who came after him. And even though he is settled in, he is STILL putting effort into the blog, which I think is above-and-beyond generous.

      Not that he or the people who live here need to offer any explanation, but after he started the Facebook group, he asked the other homeowners if we would like the group private or public and we all requested to keep it private. Not because we aren't "neighborly," but because what we want to use the group for makes more sense to be limited to people who actually live here.

      The above commenter's behavior (both the comment above and additional inflammatory messages) makes me even more confident in our decision. I hope others find his blog as helpful as I did when I was deciding if I wanted to buy, and we look forward to having more members join the community!

      Delete
  2. I appreciate the blog and the Facebook group. Stanley Martin should give you a medal because you are providing the kind of info people want before they put a contract on a home in a new development.

    I just put in a request to join the Facebook group. Looking forward to getting to know some of our soon-to-be neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to the group and to the neighborhood!

      Delete
  3. I just moved in this weekend. I put in a request to join the Facebook group, looking forward to a response. In the interim wondering if any of my neighbors can share their experience with installing a washer and dryer. I didn't go with the builders option and purchased my own.
    I had a scheduled delivery yesterday but found out that the washing machine drain pan has not been installed. So I need to find someone to do that now, has anyone had a similar experience and which plumber did you use?
    Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just saw your request from earlier today... I am adding you now. I also purchased my own washer and dryer but I did not install a drain pan. Ask the question in the group and maybe a more responsible homeowner than myself can help. :)

      Delete