Sunday, February 11, 2018

Thoughts one year in...

I started this blog exactly one year ago...

I have to say we are pretty pleased with our purchase. 

The positives are having the all this stuff in close walking distance...  I really love where this property is located.  Today I pushed a cart from our house to the Whole Foods and we got tacos at District Taco on the way back...  It's and easy walk to University Park, Hyatsville or even the University of Maryland...  The shuttle has been super convenient during this cold weather when I prefer not to walk to the metro...   I also love the large middle floor where we spend most of our time.

The negatives are that the retail build out and leasing is not going nearly as quickly as I hoped.   The same spots that were available when I started the blog in February 2017 are STILL not leased.  Also I find I rarely ever am using the loft or rooftop deck as I am just not getting all the way up there very much.   Going from only living in single family homes to a four story townhome has been an adjustment when it comes to the stairs.  You learn to plan to bring stuff up and down the stairs as needed in batches.  I have been adapting but that aspect has been a pain at times.  Also I wish we would have opted for the bathroom on the ground floor. (office)

Overall I am pretty happy and still curious to see what the next year of development for this community brings.   Seems we are going to get the bridge opening, the playground opening and Gold's Gym opening all in the next 45 days.  I will post another Sales and Price Update and Construction Update this month along with anything else that may come along...

No comments:

Post a Comment