Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Massive news for Hyattsville. Federalist Pig!

As far as Riverdale Park Station retail news, the only thing still coming here is Denizens in May.   (which was in my last post in March)

Back in March I contacted Denizens and they told me they were opening in May.  I recently saw a story on Hyattsville Wire where they also just reached out to Denizens last week and they were also told they would open in May.  Still no actual date was given to Hyattsville Wire even last week which is surprising since May is now right around the corner but I still believe they will hit the May date, even if it is late May.

The reason for this post is even bigger news for this area.  Federalist Pig is coming to Hyattsville!

If you have not heard of Federalist Pig, it is the most popular barbecue joint in all of DC and they are opening less than 1 mile away from Riverdale Park Station down in Hyattsville.


This is across the street from Busboys and Poets in the current "Tire Place" location which is just a quick walk down the Hiker Biker trail from my house.

This is some of the biggest news in the Hyattsville restaurant scene maybe since Busboys and Poets in 2011.

This story was just featured in the Washingtonian which is where I got this information.

That article is here, check it out!

https://www.washingtonian.com/2019/04/23/federalist-pig-is-opening-a-second-bigger-barbecue-joint-in-hyattsville/

4 comments:

  1. That is great news...and that the general area is on the owner's radar, he also owns Ted's Bulletin, which would be desirable for RPS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe not enough foot traffic yet, but it is encouraging. Now that some of my prayers have been answered with comida tipica Dominicana on Rt 1, I'd be complete with some really good ramen.

      Delete
  2. This is awesome news that I somehow missed entirely, even though we live in Edmonston just a few blocks from the Tire Place. I actually just read about this project in the current (barbecue) issue of "Garden & Gun" magazine on the flight from Birmingham this morning. We're a family of huge bbq fans (Carolina-style pulled pork is my nostalgic jam, but brisket is fast becoming the favorite). The best 'que in this area, as far as I'm concerned, has been from Federalist Pig, yet I'm super excited they'll be able to experiment even more with different woods at the new location. You can never have too many patios either, and a patio with beer and bbq is always heavenly. Loving that it's a repurposed tire shop too. These new offerings continue to make this the most diverse, most affordable and yet most interesting area inside the Beltway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also very excited about this. Thanks for reading and commenting.

      Delete